Pachyrhizus erosus / Mexican Turnip / Jimaca or commonly known in the Philippines as singkamas is a sweet and crispy root crop with yellow and papery exterior and creamy white color inside.
While we love eating it during summer especially with bagoong, have you ever wondered what can it do to your body? Here are the benefits of Singkamas:
- High in vitamins C, A and B complex, along with calcium, phosphorus, folic acid magnesium, niacin, Iron, potassium, and sodium
- Has a thirst-quenching capacity
- Provides low calories
- A dietary fiber that satisfies hunger without feeling heavy
- Helps reduce the risk of obesity, hypertension, and diabetes
- Has water, thus provides a cooling effect
- Good alternative or supplement to people undergoing water therapy
- Helps replace the soiled water in our bodies for cleansing which help organs like pancreas, kidney, stomach and skin to function well
- Excellent source of anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins
- Helps in boosting our body’s natural immune system
There are so many benefits we can get from eating Singkamas. Hence, if you want to attain physically fit body without doing exhausting activities, Singkamas is the perfect substitute meal for you.