Many people have a hard time recalling what they did, what they said, when did this happen, what occurred before that, and so on. In fact, when you age, your ability to trace and remember things drops. It is important that you constantly look for ways to boost your brainpower. Here are helpful tips on how to improve your memory:
- Eliminate stress – If you allow stress to swallow your life, eventually, your brain cells, particularly the hippocampus, will die. Hippocampus is a part of the brain that helps in the formation of new memories and the recovery of old ones.
- Think. Think. Think – Use your brain regularly. Harness the power of your mind. Do puzzles, solve problems, anything. Just keep you mind active so it won’t get stuck up to your daily routine
- Sleep on it – Allow your body and brain to recharge themselves by getting enough rest. If you don’t get your needed sleep, your concentration weakens, thus affecting your memory
- Take notes – If you have things to accomplish, write it down on any paper or buy promotional sticky note pads. It helps you get things done
- Eat fish – It’s true. Fish contains polyunsaturated fatty acid DHA. Its aids in the development of your brain, allowing your brain to process information twice as fast
- Take antioxidants for breakfast – Slow down the build up of free radicals in your brain by consuming foods rich in Vitamins A, C and E every morning